Thursday, May 15, 2008

Montana De Oro

I recently bought a surfboard, so one free weekend Jess and I decided to go surfing. Jen and our friend Katie were going to go hiking in Yosemite the same day. Turns out their ride to Yosemite had gotten food poisoning the day before, so we made it a trip for four to the beach. We got to Pismo (Overcast and bad surf) so we decided not to even get in the water. Instead, we ate Splash Cafe (A must and don't even try to tell me Brad's is better), saw the puppies at the pet store, ripped the girls away from the puppy heaven, and went to Montana De Oro. This is my favorite beach. There are tons of cool rocks and shells to discover on the beach, huge rocks to climb on, caves to explore, and just an awesome view. The girls stayed wrapped up in blankets while I explored my little kid heart out. I climbed up the main rock, took tons of cool pics, set up my mini tri-pod and got some funny timed shots, carved "HALE" into the packed down sand next to a little pirate guy, and went as far as I could in the caves. We also ended up with a funny one of us while I'm stickin out my stomach as far as possible and making a strange face. Gotta love it. Oh, my brother proposed to his now wife there. That's how cool the beach is. Ever been there?
-Dave











4 comments:

Jacinda said...

That is my special beach. Looks like fun, but cold. Love the jumping picture!

Shan said...

hi...i found you blog thru jacinda's blog. not only have i been to that beach, my husband and i got married there 6 years ago...we also have our initials carved on the BIG rock. this makes me want to go visit "our" beach...it's been a couple of years since we've been there. BTW, great pics~shan

Hale-Yeah! said...

i wanna go!

Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't say this, but that isn't just a pretty beach. It also has the best surf on the central coast when the swells pick up. Very dangerous though....