Thursday, July 31, 2008

Weaver Cabin


I (Dave) was very excited to be able to spend the weekend with some of my high school buddies I haven't seen in awhile. Russell and Humberto were both in town(Along with Russell's wife Ann and her cousin Julie, both from Virginia). We went up to Russell's cabin and spent the weekend laughing and catching up; it was great! I had made a pong/quarters table (Which was ridiculously heavy[Thanks for the help Matt and Chris] and I spent a lot of time spray-painting on the flames and black background) and we brought that up with us. We spent most of Saturday on their porch playing games and laughing with a little bbq in the evening. Ann almost fell through part of the deck...I fell through a step last year (Actually, I slipped on some ice and broke a 2X6 with my spine).


Sunday was spent at Shaver Lake. Most of us wakeboarded; Humberto and I got up on our first try (Yeah us) and Russell and Chris went doubles (They're better). We found a little island that nobody else was on and set up camp. Chris and I got a little bored just sitting on shore so we started playing bocce ball with some rocks. That led to hitting rocks out into the lake with an old, large tree limb. I'm sad that it had to end, but it sure was fun.


Right before we left the lake we set up a group shot. From left to right: Back row:Humberto, Chris, Me, Russell, Christina...front row:Kalia, Sarah, Ann, Julie. Thanks to all for such a great time...let's do it again
-That Guy




P.S. Jess didn't go to the cabin because she had already made plans with Jen to go down to L.A. to visit Shira and down to Pasadena to visit Amy. I was jealous.

2 comments:

Bret Baker said...

Wait, did I miss the part where you explained why jess wasn't invited?

Unknown said...

I was hoping to see a pic of Dave wakeboarding on here...