Thursday, July 17, 2008

Impatient

I am an impatient person. I have been for as long as I can remember. It is something I don't like about myself and I'm working on it. So lately I have been going to the gym pretty hard core. I even have gone early- like wake up at 6 am and go. For me, that is early- 2 times this week and I intend to keep it up. However, because of my impatience, I now expect to see results (even though I KNOW it takes 6-8 weeks). Grr. But alas, I am impatient. Also, I baked a cake for our bible study group last night to celebrate my friend Sarah's recent marriage. I got the recipe from bakerella and it looked delicious! It was supposed to look like this....
However, it did not turn out like that. It turned out like this.... Which, in all honesty is better than I thought that it would. I forgot to cut the top off of the bottom layer of cake, and was just chatting away frosting it when I noticed that the top layer was dangerously sliding off of the bottom. I of course begin to freak out, get frustrated and annoyed because it's not perfect the first time, and throw a fit. Thankfully, Dave was there to step in and help. He geniously put 3 bamboo skewers into the cake to hold it into place. And, he didn't even make me feel bad. My husband is perfect for me!! He balances me out so well. I am super impatient. He is not. Hallelujah he can put up with me, because Lord knows I need him to!!! So alas, the cake tasted delicious and no one cared that it looked kinda funny and that it wasn't on my fancy new cake stand. (Another long story.) So, now I need to learn more patience, and the fact that losing weight/being motivated at the gym really doesn't go well with baking a peanut butter fudge cake at home!!

4 comments:

Madi said...

maybe the next time you bake it...you know, when you feel like perfecting the art of thatsinful, delisious goodness...you can send it my way....maybe. you know, if you want. so you know.

Madi said...

ok, so your comment made me cry, thanks =')

Jacinda said...

I saw that cake on her site and my mouth watered. Yum. No worries. At least you're eating the cake and working out!

Dominique James said...

when am i gonna see you?! i know you're off now.

oh and i would like some cake please. :)