Tuesday, July 8, 2008

If You Can Dodge A Wrench...


I've been getting my exercise in a rather unusual way lately; I've been playing in a dodgeball league! I know what you're thinking, "What? Do they really have those?" Yes, they do. For twenty bucks I joined a team through our church, The Well, and I got a free team shirt. It's great! We meet every Monday night at either 7 or 8 for a game that lasts about 45 minutes. I am definitely the sweaty guy on the team though, which I thought would never happen. The game is actually pretty intense with tons of crazy rules (My favorite being that any article of clothing that is hit is considered part of your body including baggy clothes and capes), everyone is really into the game, it's competitive, most people are honest (It is a church league), and everyone seems to have a great time. We won our first match 8-2, but lost last night 8-4 or something like that. However, the team that beat us has a lot of returning players from last years winning team (Including one javelin thrower) and I think they may win this year. I recommend anyone interested to either come out and support us or sign up next year. It's a lot of fun. Oh, and for some reason our team name is The Hot Pockets.
-Dave
P.S. Thank you Jen for coming out to watch a game and give your support. Fans are always welcome and I know Jess likes the company. Also, Amy...you know you totally want to do this next year!


2 comments:

Madi said...

I totally forgot you were playing! I'll for sure be there!

D and L Armstrong said...

We want to bring Peter I on the 21st. What time is the game that night?