Thursday, July 3, 2008

swimming used to be my life.




ok so seriously, this day has been awesome so far and its only 12:06. i was feeling better this morning and was in the process of getting ready for work when my CI called and gave me great news. JHCO is at the hospital today, which for those of you who don't know, is the state accreditation committee. basically, when they are present, i cannot be. which is fine by me!!!! not to say i don't enjoy my internship, but when you're working for free and its the day before the 4th of July, i really don't mind having a day off. so on to the title of this blog, i was able to go to the gym and swim this morning. last night, while feeling yucky still, i watched the US Olympic Trial for swimming. it got my blood pumping!! i was so motivated to get up and swim right then, but i remembered that i felt like crap, so instead i ate a reeses pb cup. (my only true weakness.) but, i digress. back in high school and college, i would swim at least 2 hours per day. wow! when i think about that now, how did i find the time? but man did i enjoy the body it gave me. and the self-control and dedication! whoo! so i got super motivated and excited watching all of these kids younger than me, gheesh i'm getting old, swimming all of my favorite strokes (fly and free) and setting world records. that katie hoff is something else. she kept winning race after race, i think she'll be swimming at least 4 events in beijing. studette. anyway, i swam 2000 yards this morning, which used to be nothing for me, but was enough today to make me feel like a swimmer again. i love that chlorine smell. seriously.

ps- after the gym i stopped by Barrow's, my workplace, to say hi to my little work family that i've been away from for the last 6 weeks. oh man do i miss all those folks. i'm so blessed to have such an amazing job with great people. can't wait to "go home" in 2 more weeks!!

3 comments:

Madi said...

i was sick yesterday too. i threw up in the costco restroom. that was a first. anywhooo, is your hair green? i'm totally jealous of your swimming abilities. i wish i could be a fishy too.

Jen-erator said...

swim, swim, swim, SWIM!

D and L Armstrong said...

That 41 year old mom looks amazing as she swims her way to Beijing. You go Jess. You can make your life whatever you want it to be. I am proud of you.