Saturday, August 2, 2008

Weekend in LA

So I'm late on blogging this, but last weekend, when Dave was having fun at the Weaver cabin in Shaver, I (Jess) was having fun in LA. I drove down with Jen and we headed straight to Pasadena so I could spend Friday night with my awesome friend Amy. Amy's family has an amazing house, built in the 1920's with gorgeous hardwood floor, crown moulding, and original fixtures. It is so beautiful. I loved it. I loved meeting her family- they have huge family dinners on Friday night and it was fun to be a part of. After dinner we went to the Yard House to have drinks and dessert and basically catch up. So fun! Bonus, we had free entertainment all night long- we were seated by a group of about 30 firefighter academy graduates who were celebrating (read: drinking heavily) and they provided hours of laughs for us. On Saturday, we made breakfast together for the family, enjoyed the beautiful weather on the porch, took a driving tour of Pasadena, window shopped/walked around Old Town Pasadena, ate lunch at Il Fornio on the breezeway, and just enjoyed each other's company. It was so much fun. I can really see why so many people would love to live in Pasadena. It had such a small town feeling with beautiful old architecture. I loved it.
After lunch, we drove over to Manhattan Beach to meet up with Jen and Shira- Shira has an amazing apartment literally 1 block from the beach, and Jen spent Friday night with her. We hunted down a parking spot, played on the shore line (Amy taught me how to catch sand crabs), and chatted like all girls will. Saturday night the 4 of us girls went to sushi for dinner, which was delicious, and then grabbed a glass of wine at a small bar/grill. A live band played cover songs of old school classic rock- it was so fun. I spent Saturday night with Jen and Shira, and Amy had to head back home. Sunday morning, I woke up way earlier than the other two (surprise) and entertained myself in Shira's cool apt. Then, the 3 of us walked along the Strand (sidewalk street lined with GORGEOUS million dollar beach homes facing the beach) to get breakfast. It was probably the best eggs benedict I've ever had- vegetarian version and amazing. We walked home on the beach with our toes in the water and it was amazing. So much fun catching up with such good girlfriends. I love them all!! Only downside- I got a sunburn from all the walking in the sun in a halter top. (I forgot the SPF). Oh, and Dave had the camera so I have no pictures to post- but trust me, it was fun and much needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I think I have a picture or two you can add to make this blog believable.