Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How Work Celebrated My Birthday:

I GOT DRAGOOED!!!

First of all, I didn't tell anyone at work that it was my birthday...to avoid any unnecessary circumstances. Also, we've been training some new guys. So we were checking hydrants as usual and we decided to show one of the new guys how to use the 2 1/2 inch hose and nozzle. I wasn't thinking anything of it as one of the older hydrant guys was showing a newer hydrant guys the basics. "First, you have to open up the nozzle to bleed off the air. And then you would open it up more and if Dave was on fire, you would go like this!" That's when he turned the nozzle on me. I was surprised and turned my back expecting a little water, but no...he drenched me for a couple of seconds. Awesome. It actually felt kind of good since it was hot out.


Here's the kicker though. Mind you I had a huge calzone (black olives, pepperoni, linguica, canadian bacon, and chicken)for lunch today...we got back to head quarters and my boss called us up stairs to the conference room. Sitting for me on the desk was a "Ghetto Burger." A ghetto burger consists of a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, sauce, a fried egg, pastrami, and some sort of hot dog/sausage link...maybe even some bacon in there too. Needless to say there was a lot of grease. "Don't get up til you've finished the whole thing. No pressure, but every hydrant guy has finished one of these...only one threw up." Half-way through I thought I wasn't going to make it and I'm not sure how I did. "Here come the meat sweats," was my best line after finishing. I'd write more, but I'm feeling a little lethargic at the moment. By the way, my buddy Matt is the one that purposely spilled the beans about my birthday...just you wait Matt...just you wait.


Has anyone ever done crazy things like that to you on your birthday? Any strange traditions?

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

That is awesome! You've mentioned the burger before. NASTY! I can't believe you got that one down! BTW, I am officially the worst sister in law, and I know it. I totally spaced singing to you on your real bday. I am so sorry. I really do love you!

Unknown said...

"Tell him I said Happy Birthday"

Jess- I'm so glad I can blog stalk you. And you can blog stalk me.