Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Don Pepe's is Legit.

And that's with a capital L. If you haven't been to Don Pepe's and you live in the Fresno area and you happen to enjoy Mexican food, then you are crazy! The original location is a Blackstone and Dakota(???). Its in the parking lot of Fresno Ag- one of those tiny little walk in places. Buuuuut for you Fresno State folks they just built a new taqueria on Maple just south of Shaw (behind the old University Chicken- which is going to be a Deli Delicious!!! yay- but that's an entire other post.) That's within walking distance to campus people.
All I'm trying to say here is if you haven't been- go. Totally authentic tacos, burritos, combo plates, shrimp dinners, ceviche at super cheap prices. Think $1.85 for an asada taco! Plus, a kick-a#$ salsa bar with all different heat levels, lime, cilantro, onions, the works. Oh, and an amazing spicy shrimp beer.
You know how people say a Chinese place is good if you go in and there are tons of Chinese people eating there. Well, let's just say by the population attending Don Pepe's it is serious Mexican food. In fact, if you speak Spanish even better. I- being a white girl who took French in high school- clearly do not fit in. But I love me some shrimp tacos, so I still rock it. I did not have my camera on me today, but you know I will be eating there again very soon so next time expect pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard about the shrimp cocktail at the one on Blackstone but haven't tried it yet. Glad to know there's one closer now. Wanna go? Love, Mom

louiegennuso said...

and not only a guitar... but a DOUBLE guitar!!!!

The Daily Haley said...

haha love the friends reference... at least you didnt pull a rachel and say the mexican food is good because a lot of chinese people work there. haha....