Monday, August 11, 2008

Beijing Madness

So I really love the Summer Olympics! The winter ones are really not that exciting to me, sorry to all that comment might offend. I'm all about summer: swimming, water polo, gymnastics, diving, beach volleyball, pole vaulting, and the list goes on. I love it- I seriously can't get enough. And is it a little wierd that I always try to imagine myself competing. Like as I sit here and type this I just watched Katie Hoff swim the 100 meter free prelims- and I think, oh I could totally do that. (Now lets be honest, I definitely can not, but I always picture myself there.) Anyone else? Or am I just crazy? Plus, the little gymnasts, my goodness they blow my mind! I only dream of flying and flipping through the air like they do. (When I watch those little crazies compete, I'm full on thinking Physical Therapy- how will they need help when the competition is over. Wow I'm a dork.) But go Team USA!!
-Jess

ps-Dave and I are so into the Olympics we had a party on Friday night complete with a sign-up sheet for games (with prizes). Our friends weren't so much into it, slightly disappointing

pps- the little nasty Chinese buffet just down the street from our house renamed the restaurant from Easy 21 Buffet (i know right?) to Beijing Buffet. appropriate?

1 comment:

Madi said...

Why play games when we can discuss politics?????

Yeah...;)

ohmygosh Jess, I laughed out loud when you said that you imagine yourseld competing. It's not weird. I do it too. I get so nervous for them!! I sit in awe a lot. Like last night....mens gymnastics was amazing! and the swim finals were thrilling.

Now, do you imagine yourself winning an oscar when you watch those?....becauseidotoo.....