Friday, August 22, 2008

Spinning


So I went to a spin class last Saturday morning at Clovis GB3 with my friend Kalia. It was awesome- I absolutely loved it. When the super fit (which is how I judge the value of my workout- by the level of fitness of the instructor) energetic instructor started out the hour of sweat with Missy Elliot I knew I was in luck. Kalia and I looked at each other, like should we dance or spin? It was great. I loved every minute of it- and looked like I had just jumped out of a swimming pool when I emerged from the room. So this week to workout, I figured I would spin again. It was so great!!
Well, 3 spin classes later, I am not satisfied. All of the classes I tried (at the Palm and Cedar locations) were taught by older people, who did not have rocking bodies (I'm so shallow I know), and the music was lame early 90's mixes with a few techno beats thrown down.
Not fun. Definitely not Missy. Today, my class was taught by a very sweaty, very gay (no judgment, just observation), man who barked orders at us over songs like "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me" and "In the Jungle". How do those songs even go together? Oh and don't forget, we also rocked some Eric Clapton? Are you kidding me?
So, the dillemna is that the lady who taught last Saturday's class was a sub, and I never caught her name!!! I am searching for her still- one more try tomorrow at the Clovis location, same time, and hopefully the original teacher will be as good as my mystery substitute teacher. So my plea to all 5 faithful readers we may have, if you have any information on who this blonde, fit, spinning master may be, please let me know!! I'm dying to take her class again and revive my faith in spin classes.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi.. I'm not sure how I came across your blog but I know exaclty wo you are talking about!! This is so crazy because I have been a faithful spinner at GB3 for the last 4 years!! The ONLY teacher that you want to go to is SUNNY! Awesome music, and its an entire body work out. She even has routines for certain songs. (Dont worry, you catch on fast)
Good luck
Mandy

Jacinda said...

Hmmm. You've peaked my curiosity. I'm not sure who it is, but I will try to find out. Not trying to dog, but I disagree with the last commenter. Min and I used to take her class early am. She does makes it entertaining though.

Madi said...

I saw a spinning class once, and it just looked wrong.

But then again, I tend to have a dirty mind.

It does look like an awesome workout though. Which, I could use...I tried running the other day, and nearly passed out.

Dominique James said...

this
is hilarious. I love this part-
"very sweaty, very gay"

haha.

Unknown said...

I jumped over from Jacinda's blog. i too am a spin addict. I love the Plam and Nees club. My two favorite instructors are there. I take Kathleen and Dan. I have taken Sunny's class and enjoyed the "show" but left wanting to focus on me, not the instructor. Anyway, I think you would like either of the two above. Their music is not as cool as Sunny's for sure, but I take the trade off. Great sweat and a teacher who goes on the road to really cycle. Kathleen is a triathlete and gives lots of great pointers for girls. Either way, keep going! It's loads of fun.

Shonna Mazzanti said...

So I came across this while looking up Spin stuff in Clovis. I know this post was posted years ago but I think I may be the instructor you were talking about or it was my friend Stephanie. We were both subs for Sunny back then. I currently teach most of the Spin classes in Clovis now. Notsure if your even still on this blog but thought maybe you would see :-) Shonna