Thursday, November 20, 2008

Slamming Christmas in your face!

Last night we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert and it was amazing! Try to picture a mix between the Philharmonic, Metallica, a techno rave, and any 80's band (For the hair).For those who don't know, TSO plays Christmas music, but in a very non-traditional type of way. I enjoy their style. The concert would have even been good for anyone that is deaf or blind because you could enjoy the audio and the visual. I think we had a little stimuli overload to be honest. There were so many things going on and the brightest lights I have ever seen that I had to close my eyes at some points. They even had fake snow (bubbles), lasers, smoke, pyrotechnics(Only for part of one song...not like in the video below), and moving sound/lighting set equipment. I'm really glad we were able to see them and hope you can/have too. Have you seen them or heard their music? What's your favorite part of a concert?
-Dave
Wizards of Winter is one of my favorites:

By the way, it was a little weird driving to a Christmas concert with the air conditioner on. When will winter get here?

1 comment:

Dominique James said...

ewwwww i'm so jealous! chance and i realllllly wanted to go to that! i'm glad you guys had fun, and i agree, when it is going to be winter already!?! hey, btw, be a guest blogger for me please. i want some hales.