Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Childhood Best Friend's Almost Wedding Day



Katelyn Ashley Hicks, now Mrs. Jared Ashton, got married October 28, 2008 in Cancun Mexico. I was SO sad that Dave and I couldn't make it- but traveling in the middle of the week just isn't possible when we're both full time students and I'm in the middle of PT school. So, we just had to suffice going to their gorgeous reception in town yesterday. I'm just stoked Katelyn wore her amazing dress. Of course we got to see pictures, and man, that just made it worse that we weren't there.

So beautiful.

Anyway, Katelyn and I met in preschool. I know what you're thinking, how do you "meet" in preschool. But somehow, we did, and from the age of about 18 months up through junior high we were bff. And inseperable. She and I had so much fun together and I wouldn't be the super cool, amazing girl that I am today without her influence. (HA.) She has younger twin brothers, and I know it doesn't look like it in the picture, but people used to ask her mom, "How do you deal with 2 sets of twins?!?" We used to look identical- and of course we loved it so we dressed alike. We had coordinating outfits at many stages of life. (Including in 7th grade when we took BFF pictures after winning History Day. Like I said, super cool.)

But really, I love this girl with all of my heart. She couldn't have picked a better man to share her life with.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Jared Ashton!!!

1 comment:

Madi said...

Day'um is that a dress or what?! so how much did you cry? and yes my dear, i will take pics of my nun-of-a-dress (compared to hers!) for you...because (shocker!) i don't have any on my camera.

and um...TWILIGHT FRIDAY!!!!! you going to the midnight premire? we are so come!