Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Old Man Strength Kicking In?


Well, after a loss in our last match of intramural volleyball, I was a little upset at my performance, the loss, and the end of the season. I had a great time playing with a bunch of Jessica's PT classmates, we did pretty well through the season, and I was sad to have it end. To vent my frustration (and since we were already at the gym) I decided to try something I hadn't done in...I can't remember...at least a year and a half: Bench press. "Let's see if my old man strength has started to kick in yet." Jessica spotted me, though neither of us was very confident in that assurance, so I asked a larger guy at the gym to spot me for the second to last set, my max set. I was surprised to have finished the following without help:
5 reps of 135
2 reps of 185
1 rep of 205
1 rep of 225 --my max and 10 lbs short of my highest max ever
15 reps of 135

I think I should start going to the gym again. Bring it gym...this old man is ready!
Shown in the picture below is a 225 lb bench press attempt and a man much larger than myself. I am rarely that intense

2 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

wait, dave, is that you in that picture? Your hair looks darker.

Madi said...

I'm sorry but yuck...if you ever look like that, I'm not going to be your cousin anymore.

.....and ya know Bob the Builder? I just thought of Dave the Builder.

Hahahaha!! I'm sooooo hilarious. Get it..you Dave, and builder as in body builder...oknevermind.