Sunday, January 4, 2009

Belated MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you all had a great time, got to spend a lot of time with family and friends, were in good health, and really felt the joy of the season while remembering Him. This was our first Christmas together as a married couple and while part of me really missed running out to the family room with my parents (and brother in years past), I couldn't help falling in love with a new tradition with my wife.

I stayed up a little later than Jess the night before to see if Santa came and magically he did! When we woke up, our stocking (Which Jessica made with the help of Dawn) were full, presents had been laid out, cookies and milk had been consumed by Santa and Rudolph had even nibbled on his carrots (Santa left a thank you note too). Snow and icicles filled the window and a delightful dancing fire roared in our "fireplace" (The tv). The air was filled with the smell of our Christmas tree and of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. We shared mimosas and soaked in our morning as little kids on Christmas day together. Overall result: I fell in love with my wife and my favorite holiday/time of year even more.

"Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!"

5 comments:

Jen-erator said...

Dave, will you play Santa at my house next year?

Madi said...

how cute are you?!?!?

i love you guys...and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D and L Armstrong said...

Ahhhhhh, this makes the changes in the Armstrong traditions okay. I love you two and look forward to new holiday traditions in the future.
Mama Dawn

Dominique James said...

aw, glad you had a great christmas! today is your one year-congrats! hope you're doing something fun :)

Dominique James said...

also, wait...do we have the same couch? when did you guys get that?