Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today is my mothers 25th birthday...how many times she has celebrated it, I will not divulge. I just wanted to take the time to tell her how much we appreciate and love her. She is amazing! We can go to her for anything: From a simple spelling question or recipe advice, to marriage advice, proper etiquette rules, to life lessons. She always has some wisdom for the subject. I guess we have finally come to the age where we know that we don't know everything, and contradictory to what we thought in the past...our parents are a lot smarter than us. Thanks for always being there for us mom and for keeping us out of trouble. We may not have understood why you did some things in the past, but we are better people for it now. Thanks for also being such a devoted mother and wife. We are so blessed to have grown up in a house where parents not only got along with each other, but loved each other. What a great example. I want to also thank you for being the type of mom that wasn't afraid to go camping at Convict Lake, who will camp out overnight at Chick-Fil-A, who made us wear long pants every Sunday to church, who would make homemade strawberry jam and mac-n-cheese, a mom that supported us through sports, band, choir, or anything crazy like dodge ball that we set our hopes on. Thank you for sacrificing yourself and things that would spoil you, just so we might feel happy. Thanks Mom. I love you! Happy "25th" Birthday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh AND cry on my "25" birthday. You made being a loving mother easy. I love you both!

Hale-Yeah! said...

Great post dave. The older I get the more I realize how good we had it. We need to hang soon!

D and L Armstrong said...

Nice comments David. You are a good son, too.

Jacinda said...

She really is one of a kind. I love her to pieces! I was just asking her what she did to have 2 of the most amazing men for sons. I love you all so much and am so thankful to have you for family. I MISS YOU GUYS! Thank you for you sweet comment. You made me cry. Love you!

Madi said...

*tear*

I'm so excited I get to call her Auntie =)