Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Who We Are


So now that you know about the name and basic theme of this blog, it is time to get to know us. I'm David...I'll be your host and blog the most out of us Hales since I have more free time and patience for this sort of thing. I am also the weird one and will post all the stupid crap you could care less about, but you'll be checking daily to see if I have posted anything new...suckers. Who am I kidding? I do it too.












I feel that a sense of humor is a must and find that it can get you through some tough times and make for some great ones. I like being a little different and having fun wherever I go. New and interesting experiences will always grab hold of my imagination. I enjoy the company of friends and welcome anyone to come stay at Casa De Hale. Friends are truely a gift to be cherished. Family is an even greater blessing. I'm addicted to movies and dvd's and enjoy a good dark beer (More like a porter with some color and flavor, less like a clear, peeish-yellow, light beer...though I will have them both). Anything adventuresome from camping and hiking or surfing to snowboarding, leapfrog to skydiving (Still haven't done it yet) will always excite me. I strongly agree with the golden rule and think that if others willingly and purposefully gave up a little more of themselves for others, then incredible things could happen. If you need anything, give me a call.




























One of the most important parts of my life is my wife Jessica. She is truely an amzing woman and I feel so blessed to be her husband. I have never felt more comfortable with anyone else in my life. She gives me hope, laughs at my jokes, encourages me when I feel like giving up, spoils me, and gives a killer massage. She is beautiful, special, and loved. She lives for peanut butter and hates beans, potatoes, pudding, and the ends of food...that's right, like the end of a banana or hot dog. She is very good at swimming, water polo and other water related sports, but is not the most coordinated person on land. I guess you could say she is like a real life Ariel...the little mermaid. She is studying to be a physical therapist and she is one of the smartest people I know. She is neat and tidy like Monica on FRIENDS and also a little prone to spills/messes like Joey. She is an amazing person that is caring and giving with a heart of gold. She also likes to experience new things and see new places. One of her life goals is to go to Greece. She sounds pretty cool huh? Duh! Why do you think I married her? If I could give her more than just one kiss at a time, I would. Love you!



























Together, we are the Hales! We were married on January 5th, 2008, by a good friend of ours, Pastor Mike...aka G Lime. We love having fun as most normal people do, but we are not afraid to take some risks to get lifes rewards. We live in a condo near campus. We have a queen bed which will eventually be upgraded to a king as we are not "cuddly sleepers." We're up for most trips or events (Surfing, the rodeo, San Francisco, Virginia, Disney World, farmers markets, open houses, twister, Phase 10, Guitar Hero, eating Peach Harvest Häagen-Dazs, Puerto Vallarta, etc). We love people and can't wait to hear from you.




Until next time...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! I get to be the first to leave a comment. I haven't even finished reading it all yet but just had to be #1! Love the pictures and can't wait to add you to my morning routine! Love you, Mom

Jacinda said...

Okay, so I'm soooo excited you are on the blogging bandwagon. I was a little bummed that I had to find out through Brian, through your mom. it will be so fun keeping up with you. I'm super pumped to hang out with you guys for Jessica's bday! I miss you both! I love all the pics!